International trade is at the heart of America’s international nameplate auto industry. Because of this, trade is AIADA’s top legislative priority. The association focuses its efforts on preserving open markets, combatting protectionist sentiment, and supporting trade agreements between the U.S. and nations around the globe.
AIADA supports open markets.
- The association has worked on a bipartisan basis to help Congress recognize the value of open markets to dealers and the U.S. economy. Recent efforts have focused on the need for Congress to pass Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), which would provide the President with the authority necessary to negotiate trade agreements and then submit them to Congress for an up or down vote.
AIADA opposes protectionist policies.
- The international nameplate auto industry is growing and thriving in the U.S., bringing new meaning to the definition of an “American car.” AIADA combats sentiments that would close America’s market off from the jobs and economic investment the international nameplate auto industry brings to the U.S.
AIADA supports U.S. trade agreements.
- Free trade agreements only improve America’s competitiveness across the globe by providing access to rapidly growing markets. AIADA actively lobbies on behalf of trade agreements that help enable international nameplate dealers to grow and thrive.
Our Work on Trade
Trade Promotion Authority (TPA)
- AIADA's Position Paper on Trade Promotion Authority (TPA)
- TPA: May 2015 Trade Benefits America Letter to Senate Urging Passage of TPA
- TPA: 2015 Trade Benefits America Letter to House Ways and Means Committee Urging Support for TPA
- TPA: 2015 Trade Benefits America Letter to Senate Finance Committee Urging Support for TPA
- TPA: 2015 Trade Benefits America Letter to Congressional Leaders Supporting TPA
- Brochure: Don't Slam the Door on the Global Economy
Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- AIADA's Position Paper on the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- AIADA's 2013 Comments to USTR Supporting Japan's Inclusion in Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)
Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
- AIADA's Position Paper on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
- AIADA's 2013 Comment Letter to USTR Supporting a U.S. - EU Trade Agreement